For pricing, orders, inquiries, please contact Dwight Stone at firstname.lastname@example.org recordings available on CD page
"The Light" Twelve Compositions for Piano:
- Peppermint Party - A catchy, upgeat tune. People are drawn in to listen. This piece dates back to the 1980s, andyou can hear the jaunty, youghful exuberance in it. 1:31 easy, use of sustain pedal
- Going Home - 2nd place winner in MTAC (Music Teachers' Association of California) Composition Contest 2014. This piece depicts that longing, yearning feelingyou get when you've been away for quite some time, and you think about going home, returning to those things and people we know and love, the warmth and comforting reassurance of home. 2:46 easy/medium, balancing of voices, dynammics.
- Can't Get Her Out of My Mind - Inspired by the male vocal jazz se3xtet MPact which I heard one exciting ngiht at The Baked Potato nightclub in Los Angeles - hot stuff! I wrote this piece for them latyre that very night. 1:46 medium, melodic rubato
- Daffodils and Dragonflies
Air and earth, insect and flower, buzzing and brilliance are all depicted in this exuberant piece. 2:43 medium, 2 against 3
- In the Garden creates a peaceful, quitet, meditative mood. You might picture a flower opening, an insect buzzing by to visit a blossom, a bird fluttering and landing, perhaps splashing in a birdbath. 1:46 easy, polychords
- Refourestation - In this piece the interval of the fourth portrays the vitality, strength and vibrance of trees. The name “refourestation” stands not only for the revival of the forest, but also for the interval of the fourth, which is also an endangered species. The fourth is thematic throughout. 2:47 medium, extensive use of fourths, arpeggios
- Whither Thou Goest - Commissioned in 2010 for a wedding celebration in Austria, this piece depicts the dreams, joys and Wanderlust of this carefree young couple, Katharina and Alex, to whom it is dedicated. 4:34 medium, polychords, variety of textures
- Dolphins' World - The ocean. This piece expoloit the deep, lush bass register and tonlity of D-flat evoking the vbast depths of the ocean, contrasted with light splashes in the reble refister, dolphins playing in the spray, bubbles rising to the surface. 4:22 medium, arpeggios in both hands 4:22 medium, arpeggios in both hands
- The Eternal Quest - Imagine the construction of a huge statue, building, bridge or monument.
I wrote this piece as a soundtrack for such an endeavor, as it goes through the various stages, from inception to planning, effort and striving, the emerging, soaring angles of the structure, the power and magnnificence of such a sgrand alofty edifice. And finally the moment when we can si back and take in the scope of the work, teel pride and triumph in the achievement. 4:06 difficult, sensitive soft passages, chromaticism
- Recurring Theme - This piece started with a simple four-note melody and developed into this song. the middle section bursts into accented syncopation with a rhtym taken from a drumming sircle I attended with friends in Sankt Magdalena am Lemburg, Austria. 3:30 medium, rhythmic étude in middle section
- On Diaphanous Wing - Diaphanous — sheer, fine, delicate, light, gossamer-like. Picture a dragonfly wing. A floating melody and evanescent harmony combine to form this colorful piece.
- The Light captures diverse scintillating qualities and angles of light, at times filtered, at times reflected. A meditative piece, uplifting and optimistic, this piece remains one of my favorites. A great antidote for stress! 4:40 medium, with a more intricate last section